JOIN LEGACY STAFF
Legacy Church Kids Ministry Director
Job Title: Legacy Church Kids Ministry Director
Department: Next Gen
Reports To: Executive Pastor
SUMMARY – To provide leadership, vision, and direction that creates a life giving atmosphere of vibrant and enticing discipleship and evangelism for the children, parents, and children’s ministry team of Legacy Church. The Legacy Kids Director will manage the church-wide direction of Legacy Kids age 3 months – 5 grade.
WORK WEEK – This position is a staff position. Average time commitment may be 10-15 hours per week, though some weeks may fluctuate higher or lower depending on service needs and events that are scheduled.
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Ability to communicate the Gospel in creative and engaging ways to children at various ages.
- Leadership experience serving with kids. Passionate heart for children and parents to grow in their relationship with Jesus.
- Proven ability to lead staff and/or volunteers.
- Project management experience.
- Ability to articulate and implement the vision of Legacy Church.
- Exceptional leadership and communication skills.
- Superior interpersonal skills working with a variety of people from volunteers to parents to kids.
- Solid theological grounding and creativity in kids’ ministry curriculum development.
- Positive attitude and positive approach to problem solving. Must be solution oriented.
- Computer competency in Microsoft Office, Planning Center, etc.
- Strong organizational and time management skills and pursuit of excellence through attention to detail.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee and organize children’s ministry for Legacy Kids 3 months – 5th
- Lead and build teams to execute all aspects of children’s ministry for weekend services.
- Recruit, develop and train high quality leaders for Dream Team roles.
- Consistent communication with key leaders and parents.
- Develop healthy community among parents and equip parents for discipleship through Sunday, small group experiences, and parent workshops.
- Oversee all aspects of department administration to include: budget forecasting, purchasing, and departmental account tracking.
- Track growth for future development.
- Oversee and develop the Sunday experience for all children.
- Develop curriculum for children that reflects the teaching of Legacy Church.
- Oversee special event planning and execution.
- Lead team meetings and empower team members to fulfill their unique roles.
- Oversee and develop all internal and external communication that represents the Legacy Kids department.
- Attend weekly staff meeting, biweekly leadership team meetings, monthly leadership development meetings and quarterly Dream Team celebrations.
- Maintain strong communication and relationship Senior Pastor to ensure the vision of the Senior Pastor is implemented in all aspects of kids ministry.
- Fully support and engage with the vision and direction of Legacy Church as part of the large community of faith.
- Positive attitude
- Heart of a servant
- Must share the vision of Legacy Church to fulfill the Great Commission with integrity and passion
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org OR click APPLY NOW.